“By tomorrow morning, we will have had the most funky 80′s dance party ever.”
I’ve been getting into a bad habit of finding some really great tracks, compiling the mixtape, and then taking almost a week to post it. I think this week I’ve had a good excuse, but still just an excuse, and I really shouldn’t hold out on you. It’s just not right. Am I right? Guys? …Hey guys?
Like the caption says, this one starts off right in the middle of an 80′s flashback party, except even better than you can imagine. Most of us think of preppies, perms and shoulder pads in sport coats, with enough bangs in hairspray to satisfy a groupie during the Bangle’s world tour. (Can you believe they’re back at it? Yeah keep an eye out for the Bangles Tour 2012 at a bat mitzvah near you!) But no! WAY better! Actually, not that much better. It switches things back up by track 6 and I take you back to your regularly scheduled mixtape. You know what? Just shut up and enjoy, K?
- Nothing Compares 2 U – Capital Cities
- Pacific – Goldroom
- Sugar – Moon Boots
- Hot Raw Sex – Jimmy Edgar
- I Can’t Shake This Feeling (Tobtok’s Old-School Edit) – Grum vs. Klique
- Sweater Weather – The Neighbourhood | This is where the dance party ends, kids. Deal with it. I get the feeling you won’t be terribly disappointed when you hear this track.
- Super Rich Kids (feat. Earl Sweatshirt) – Frank Ocean | For whatever reason, this track hasn’t received a lot of attention in the music media, and I like to believe its because it’s an indictment on those that would write about it, but it’s probably one of the best tracks on Channel Orange.
- Overdone (feat. Anneka) – xxyyxx
- Paradise – Wild Nothing
- Daddy (Ifan Dafydd Remix) – Emeli Sande
- Dreams (Fleetwood Mac Cover) – The Kills
(Mediafire Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?k6kdb8y1b18yu9w)